Veterinary Services | New Puppy
Congratulations on your new Puppy!
We just can't wait to meet the newest addition to your family. Please bring your new puppy in as soon as possible after you bring him/her home. It is important to your Puppy's long term health that we examine your puppy to identify any potential health issues early on. We will answer your questions on caring for your puppy long-term, including food and nutrition questions, vaccinations, other health topics and behavioral issues. Your puppy's diet can make all the difference in his future health and well-being. Before you decide on a puppy food, talk to us. There are so many choices available and we want you to be able to choose the right food for your Puppy.
What to bring with you:
The initial exam will include:
- Complete physical exam
- Flea/tick control
- Heartworm preventative as needed
- Fecal examination for intestinal parasites and appropriate deworming
- Necessary vaccine boosters
- Distemper Vaccine (Administered every 3 to 4 weeks until 16 weeks of age.)
- Dogs over 12 weeks of age with an unknown vaccination status will be given 2 vaccinations 3-4 weeks apart.
- Rabies vaccine will be administered at 12 weeks of age or older.
- Additional vaccines such as Kennel Cough (bordetella) and Lepto (Leptosporosis) will be discussed with you and given based on your puppy's lifestyle and risk.