Veterinary Services | Reproduction
Capitol Illini is proud to have Veterinarians who have a special interest in Reproduction, and we offer services involving canine and feline reproduction. Reproductive services include genetic screening (usually orthopedic) and counseling, ovulation timing, breeding management, artificial insemination, pregnancy evaluation, obstetrics, pre-breeding and infertility evaluations. If you have any questions concerning reproduction, please bring your pet in for an exam. We will thoroughly examine your Pet and gather information about your Pet’s condition. Diagnostic procedures may be required to find the cause of your Pet’s problems.
During the exam, we will answer your questions, such as:
- At what age should a dog or cat be evaluated if they are going to be used for breeding?
- When should pregnancy evaluation occur?
- When should a female be evaluated if infertility is suspected?
- What can be done if an accidental breeding occurs?
- How is artificial insemination performed?
- Can male cats be evaluated for fertility?
- Does the service perform semen freezing?
- What diets are optimal for growing puppies? For breeding (pregnant, nursing) dogs?
- What resources are available for client education about breeding?
- What is the best time to breed my dog to increase conception and litter size?